mtbr member
    Dec 2005

2010 120 mm forks - F120, Reba, Durin Marathon...

Am thinking about 120 mm forks Fox F120, Rockshox Reba 120, Magura Durin Marathon, perhaps DT Swiss or X-Fusion too for a hardtail project. Anyone with riding experience on the latest 2010 models for comparing these - e.g. damping quality, stiffness, reliability? Is it possible to get full travel on the latest incarnation of the F120?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    maybe also consider the Manitou Minute 120...I like mine quite a bit (TPC model)...I just upgraded to the new ABS+ damper, but haven't had any ride time yet to make an opinion on it.

Go back to school
    I don't think your going to beat Fox as far as damping quality and weight is concerned. Unfortunately they also require the most maintenance. I would steer clear of Rock Shox but thats me, the 2010 hasn't been exactly problem free.

I would choose the Minute before I would choose any of your other choices.
    Die to ride, ride to die

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikesair
    I don't think your going to beat Fox as far as damping quality and weight is concerned. Unfortunately they also require the most maintenance. I would steer clear of Rock Shox but thats me, the 2010 hasn't been exactly problem free.

The Minutes are that good? Haven't heard much about them. Not even sure they really exist here in Switzerland!

mtbr member
    minutes are great as long as you dont get SPV.. tpc is excellent, everyone who has reported back on absolute + seems to love it as well.

Its got what plants crave
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikesair

Has the Reba changed at all from 2009 aside from cosmetic stuff? It's a pretty well known and reliable fork if it's the same as previous years. The problems I've seen have come from the dual air Revelations but that's it.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    +1 on a Minute. I have an '09 with a '10 absolute+ dampener in it and it's by far the best fork I've ever run. If you got the extra cash, I'd consider a Fox as well, but that's it