mtbr member
    Apr 2007

2009 55 ata micro ?

how reliable are these forks , ive read all the horror stories of the 2008 tst forks but cant find a lot of info about these , reason im wondering is im thinkng of buying a set from the us via ebay (new from a shop) but i live in the uk so i dont want to be returning them for warrenty work and feedback will be much appreciated

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I have a 2008 55 ATA Micro and it had a lot of problems, but since it received a 2009 ATA cart, new TST micro cart and an O-ring upgrade it has been awesome. It's also been very reliable.

Based on the fact that I almost never here people complaining of the 2009's and that most of those who got there 2008's fixed with proper 2009 parts, I'd say Marzocchi got it right. Maybe that makes you comfortable enough to buy one.

I'm happy with my fixed 2008 and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 2009 if I needed another one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    thanks for the feedback , my finger is hovering over that trigger lol, ive not heard many complaints about the 09's either

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Just reviving an old thread to see how people are going with the 2009 55 ata micro's?

There are some great deals on these, but the 08's obviously had serious issues.

Anyone running these that can comment?

Cheers

Go back to school
    Well I have an 888 ATA and it is a pretty awesome fork. ATA is actually a very simple design and if it ever gives you any crap here's a good thread on how to fix it:
    How to: Fix your stuckdown 07/08/09 Marzocchi 55/66/888 ATA fork: Pics

TST Micro I have no experience with though. I know you can mod TST2 fairly easy so and I would assume that TST Micro is near the same engineering.
    Die to ride, ride to die