mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Listen! 2008 Marzocchi Dirt Jump 1 any good?

I am looking to purchase a 2008 Marzocchi DJ1. I read the reviews on it and the rating is pretty high. But then I read a lot of threads that mention staying away from 2008 and 2009 Marzocchi. So does anyone know if the 08 DJ1 is made in Italy or Taiwan? It seems that most fork with problem were from the factory in far east.

Any help is appreciated!!

banned
    Apr 2010
    I think they're ok because they are purpose built, meaning they have a simple orifice damper, and so long as you're not going insanely outside of a range of riding, they are ok to prevent bottom out in dirt jumping scenarios.

I would stay away from 2008-2009. They are paperweights due to their unreliability and poor builds and might not be properly repairable, even by Zoke, due to faulty manufacturing.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by junktrunk
    I think they're ok because they are purpose built, meaning they have a simple orifice damper, and so long as you're not going insanely outside of a range of riding, they are ok to prevent bottom out in dirt jumping scenarios.

I would stay away from 2008-2009. They are paperweights due to their unreliability and poor builds and might not be properly repairable, even by Zoke, due to faulty manufacturing.
    I have a DJ2 2009 model, which means it was not built by the Italians, anything from 2007 and earlier was.
    Anyways my fork is doing great, the seals are holding up really well, air adjust stanchion holds the pressure without leaks, and it soaks up my lack of smoothness on the DJ lines. I bought it brand new and its a great fork IMO.

banned
    Apr 2010
    Ok. So you're saying since your particular fork is good, all are?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    If you read it that way than that is your interpretation.

All I said was "my fork is doing great", not speaking for the whole production year, maybe somebody with negative feedback can jump in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by junktrunk
    I just bought a 2008 DJ1 and it was made in July of 2007. So is it Italian made?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    As far as I know it's the production year 2007, not the actual year in which the fork was made.
    But since you already bought it, ride it and enjoy it, and if it breaks - such is life.