Last night I decided to tackle a 2008 (I believe) era Lyrik 2-step with mission control. It's symptoms were a small (2-3mm) amount of undamped travel in the start of the stroke, and the 2 step was blown.
I bought an o-ring/seal kit and all the oil I needed, dismantled the fork, rebuilt the 2 step side (So simple to do), and then set to work on the Mission control.
I had some problems.
Problem 1, the M3 set screw in the HSC cap was stripped, and hard to get out.
Problem 2, the oil volumes were listed as 193mL, and the fork could only take about 170 before overflowing. I then found the listing that it takes 112, and used that value.
Put everything together, after cleaning, regreasing and changing suspect o-rings, and everything works as it should. 2 step functions well (I'm assuming that when you install the top cap, you open the bleed screw and let excess oil out, which will give you the right oil volume).
Problem 3, the small amount of undamped travel is still there. It feels like there should be more oil in the damper or something, and the LSC knob isn't turning or doing anything really. Lockout works fine after the 2-3mm. It's topping out because of the lack of damping.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »