mtbr member
    Dec 2006

2007 Marz XC700 TST2 knob spinning...Help!

Alright guys, my XC700 TST2 knob is spinning with my top cap when I turn it, so I am now stuck in permi-lockout. There is a funny looking topcap pattern that I don't have the tool for I don't think....any idea what this is, how to get it, or how to tighten it up without the tool?

Thanks all....this is what I'm talking about.

Stop....Heckler time.

mtbr member
    The cap uses a cassette lock ring tool, available at any decent bike shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I thought it looked like that...my buddy has one of those. Thanks!

Also where can I find the service manual for this fork? I can only find up to 2006 manuals in the sticky thread. I am only getting about 70mm of 100mm of travel and am guessing it is the oil levels.

Any ideas?
    Stop....Heckler time.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    y0bailey, did you solve the problem with your TST 2 cartridge?

I've got the same problem. My fork lost a half of a travel and lockout doesn't work properly leaving some travel when it's locked.
    I've tried to refill the cartridge with the new oil. I couldn't unscrew the bottom nut, so I've done service right in a fork. How to completely remove the cartridge off the fork leg? Bottom nut just freely rotating and I can't find any idea how to fix it.

After changing oil by instruction the cartridge seems to work. In locked position it is ok. But after few hours is starts travel in a locked position.

Any ideas about that?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

TST 2 lockout

the TST2 is not a full lock out is still has travel in the CL position that is the design .