mtbr member
    Dec 2005

2007 Marz XC 700 SL

Need the good, the bad, the ugly on this fork.

The Marz spec looks incredible - 90mm to 130mm travel adjust, air spring, TST5, and all that at just 3.1lb.

Does this fork have the auto wind down (66 SL1 ATA, AM1 SL ATA ...).
    Any issues with TST ???

I would like to get some feedback on this fork or possibly the XC 600 SL (as it looks to be quite similar)

Cheers

Jeff

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I believe its a typo on the marz website and they are actually 3.7lbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall
    Need the good, the bad, the ugly on this fork.

The Marz spec looks incredible - 90mm to 130mm travel adjust, air spring, TST5, and all that at just 3.1lb.

Does this fork have the auto wind down (66 SL1 ATA, AM1 SL ATA ...).
    Any issues with TST ???

I would like to get some feedback on this fork or possibly the XC 600 SL (as it looks to be quite similar)

Cheers

Jeff
    new ones wont have teh wind down issue. It should be a great fork.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Marz XC 700 SL Setup

Okay, so I picked up a new XC 700 SL and have it on my bike now. It replaces a RS PIke 426 Air U-Turn. The Pike was overkill for my type of riding on the bike not to mention dropping just over 1.25 lbs while only loosing 10mm travel.

So here is my question - What is the a good setup for this forks. After much trial & error on my 66 ATA with the various pressures, I was hoping to get some help in getting the 700 SL dialed in.

First off I weigh about 180lb (190 with gear) and ride agressive XC trails. What air pressure should be used in the PAR and SFA chambers. Additionally I thought I read somewhere that the TST ATA forks you don't set/change the PSI in the air chamber under the TST cap. (whereas on the 66 ATA, this can be set at lower PSI to adjust the top of the stroke air spring)

Any comments on setup from those who are running this fork would help.

thx

Jeff