mtbr member

2006 Manitou Minute 3 SPV to TPC Mod ???

I have a 2006 Minute 3 130mm with 32mm stanchions. Can this fork be converted from SPV Evolve to TPC damping?

(Am I just too lazy to find other posts about this?)

Thanks!

mtbr member

Does anyone know about this????

How about it, Manitou people!

Does anyone know if you can modify a 2006 Minute 3:00 130mm SPV-Evolve to TPC damping?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Don't know about a TPC damper but you can "devolve" the SPV valve by removing the preload spring as described in a thread here by Dougal (search for his name and devolve).

When you have the damper in your hands, you can also customize the rebound shim stack to make the fork a little snappier.

Good luck!

mtbr member

Minute vs Nixon parts list

(cross-post from this thread: TPC+ ------>Manitou SPV? Seems Possible.)

OK, I spent a bunch of time pouring through the service manual for the 2006 forks and I have learned a few things. These tid-bits are probably not new, but are important in my quest to "upgrade" my 2006 Minute 3:00 130mm SPV-E fork with 32mm stanchions.

My two "upgrade options are to "devolve" the fork, or convert to TPC.

The two forks share many parts and both have THE SAME lowers, both use similar internal parts.

What I can't figure out is if the TPC+ cartridge from the NIXON will fit the Minute. I have already determined (with help from Manitou Tech support) that the Infinite Travel bits from either Minute 4:00 or various Nixons will NOT fit in MY Minute 3:00... too bad.

Can anyone shed light on weather or not the TPC cartridge from the nixon will fit in a minute fork? I guess it comes down to 2 things: 1) ID of the sliders and 2) rod length.

Any one?

I'd really appreciate help with this.

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by yogidave
    Can anyone shed light on weather or not the TPC cartridge from the nixon will fit in a minute fork? I guess it comes down to 2 things: 1) ID of the sliders and 2) rod length.
    re: 1) TPC+ is a cartridge in Nixon 06 and above so ID of tube should not matter.

re: 2) Rod length should not matter between the two. (you can run Nixon's at 130mm)

Just make sure the bolt into legs/stancions interfaces are matching.

P

mtbr member

Thx, Mr. P

That's kinda what I thought. I'm going to call Manitou Tech Support and ask. However, I'm sure they will deny that you can't do this (probably a liability issue for them).

MattSavage
    They'd rather just have you buy a new fork...

For what it's worth, a new 140mm Minute on closeout is only slightly more than what all the TPC+ components are going to cost you alone.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....