mtbr member
    May 2006

2005 Marzocchi All Mountain 1 VS 2005 Manitou Minute III

Which is better? Manitou seems to have quality issues, but great customer service and may offer better features. Marzocchi has a really well made product, but customer service seems poor. The ability to hold up under weight is a major concern -- I'm not a little guy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    If you are concerned about the fork holding up under weight and presumably stress, go for the AM1. I rode both and chose the AM1 for various other reasons, such as I liked the tuning better and it was a smoother stroke. Not to mention it was much stiffer.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WringLeeder
    If you are concerned about the fork holding up under weight and presumably stress, go for the AM1. I rode both and chose the AM1 for various other reasons, such as I liked the tuning better and it was a smoother stroke. Not to mention it was much stiffer.
    I'm definitely leaning toward the All Mountain 1. The bike I have now has an OEM Manitou Axel Elite (Schwinn claims it has 120mm of travel), and I don't think it's going to hold up. Would I be better off getting the 110-130mm All Mountain 1 or the 130-150mm version?

Thanks!!

Freshly Fujified

Travel recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Good Grief
    I'm definitely leaning toward the All Mountain 1. The bike I have now has an OEM Manitou Axel Elite (Schwinn claims it has 120mm of travel), and I don't think it's going to hold up. Would I be better off getting the 110-130mm All Mountain 1 or the 130-150mm version?

Thanks!!
    Stick with a maximum travel similar to what the bike already has, unless the manufacturer clearly states that the frame is made to handle longer travel. Go with the 110-130, IMO. It will be plenty of travel for an All Mountain rig.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Grief

Thanks!!
    check your privates, I messgaged ya.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!