My gloves stink

2001 Psylo SL bushing slop???

Hi all,

Question for all you suspension gurus. My son's GT i-Drive has a RockShox Psylo SL. There's noticable slop between the stanchions and the sliders. Not like they're going to fall off, but definitely more than, say, the Marzocchis on my bike.

I had the fork serviced, including new bushings, by Hippie-Tech suspension, but it's not that much better now than it was before the servicing. I'm going to contact Hippie about this, but I'm looking for other opinions. Is this just the nature of the Psylo, or is there something wrong here?

Thanks for your help,

Appendage

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I think that RS re-did the bushings in the Psylo line for 2002. I think that all the the ealier models had undersized ones. You should make sure that whoever serviced the shock installed the new larger bearings. This should eliminate all the slop. I run my Psylo at max travel all the time (so there is less interaction between the stanctions and lower legs, thus relying more on the bushings to reduce slop) and I don't have any problems. If you still have some questions I suggest that you email the tech support from RockShox homepage, they are actually very good about helping their customers out IMO.

Authority is dead!

'02

The change was in 2002 when they started to install longer bushings that eliminate slope. So make sure whoever services it, installs 2002 bushings.
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]

My gloves stink

Thanks AKBiker and Lucky

...for the info. I remember Jerry at Hippie-Tech saying something about the 2001 bushings, so I assume he would've addressed that...well, I plan on calling him on Monday to see what's up. The problem is that last time there was about a 3-week turnaround time, and I don't have a spare fork to put on my son's bike.

I've gotta say, based upon my experience with my son's bike, that I'm not impressed with RockShox stuff. The SID rear shock sprang an air leak after very little use and was non-repairable. And I've already talked about the fork. The Marzocchis on my bike work well have been entirely trouble-free. No more RockShox for me.