mtbr member
    Oct 2006

2001 Marzocchi x fly Hydraullic Cartridge replacement

Does anyone know where to find a new hydraulic cartride for a 2001 marzocchi x fly. Apparently I am a DUMBASS and managed to snap the thin aluminum while removing the top cap from the hydraulic cartridge. I found a ECC Retro-cartridge at bikeparts.com that upgrades the cartridge to what came on the 2002 x flys. Is this a good idea? Any SUGGESTIONS?

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by gregatm
    Does anyone know where to find a new hydraulic cartride for a 2001 marzocchi x fly. Apparently I am a DUMBASS and managed to snap the thin aluminum while removing the top cap from the hydraulic cartridge. I found a ECC Retro-cartridge at bikeparts.com that upgrades the cartridge to what came on the 2002 x flys. Is this a good idea? Any SUGGESTIONS?
    Man, sorry to hear that. I know it sucks but sometimes things break. What part broke exactly and where did it break? How bad is it, could it be JB welded? If it is the part that sticks out the top where you adjust the rebound... man, I bet you could JB weld it back together.

Might want to check Ebay for a while and see what comes up.

How much travel does that fork have? Mods, sorry for the preemptive spam but if he is looking for something that I have, I will put up another ad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The catridge broke where the two different sized threads meet up at the top, the top cap thread and the stop nut. I might give jb weld a try. It really couldn't hurt anything if it didn't work. I'll keep an eye out on ebay. I appreciate the advise.

... I guess you won't be
    I too sheared the top cap off my Z1 - marz wanted about 140 bux for a new one.....you can call marzocchi, get the part number, and have your LBS order it for you, Marz won't sell direct.
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies