mtbr member
    Apr 2007

1997 Indy XC Long Travel rebuild kit

Hi All,

Well, it took ten years, but I finally need to rebuild my shock. I wondering if anyone can steer me toward a resource for finding a rebuild kit for my Rock Shox Indy XC Long Travel fork.

Thanks,

Amos

Former Bike Wrench
    Start looking around at local bike shops, Rock Shox has long since stopped producing rebuild kits for this shock. Its the nature of the business

Good Luck

mtbr member
    For the time and money you will spend hunting that part down you could buy a new RS Dart for yourself for $100 and have a better shock. Or spend more if you like

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...2+Fork+07.aspx

mtbr member
    Undo topcaps, fish out all the elastomers and junk.

Takes a long allen key (either 5 or 6mm) down each stanchion to undo the bolts that hold the lowers on. Once they're loose the lowers pull off.

A clean and grease should get you up and running.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Service Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

TNC
    noMAD man
    What Dougal said...and if you really want to improve that POS get a set of Englund air cartridges that drop right in and actually provide some damping for that antique. These air carts are still available, and really they're the only option out there IMO for anyone actually wanting to revive or improve one of these spindly old forks. I have an old Indy SL which is an amazingly light and compact version of what you have, and while it works great on this funky commuter hybrid I built, it is an absolute noodle on any actual trail. The Englund air carts absolutely transform the performance of the fork, however.
    Attached Images Attached Images