mtbr member

100mm Rock Shox Duke Race Tech Help Please

I recently purchased a used rock shox duke all mountain 100mm suspension fork I am trying to rebuild. Trouble is none of the manuals on the Rockshox site seem right for my fork.

I am about 99% sure this is a 2003 model. It doesn't appear to be an 05 because mine doesn't have the flood gate control on the right leg.

The fork is a 100mm All Mountain Rock Shox Duke Race fork. It has an air spring on the left leg and climb-it control/lockout on the right leg (clear plastic adjuster). The 2002-2004 rock shox duke air manual shows the race having a negative air spring which mine does not have,

Does anyone have a re-build manual or at least know oil volumes for this fork?

Any help is appreciated.
    Cannondale Caffeine 2 29er
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er
    Fuji RC Team
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Blk Mrkt Mob

mtbr member
    Forget it, just found the separate Pure Service Guide that has the info I need.
    Fuji RC Team
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Blk Mrkt Mob

mtbr member

Thanks For letting the rest of us know

Quote Originally Posted by Yuengling
    Forget it, just found the separate Pure Service Guide that has the info I need.
    The main reason for these fourms is to share information with each other to help solve problems and get advice,
    When you ask a question and then later find the answer to your question, please share your information with the rest of us instead of replying that you found the answer!

Jim O

mtbr member
    I did. I was looking for the appropriate manual and indicated the pure service guide had the correct info.

Not sure what else you want me to say.
    Fuji RC Team
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Blk Mrkt Mob

mtbr member

2003 Duke Race rebuild - Pure damper service guide

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread (zombie thread?), but I was having the same issue trying to rebuild my 2003 Duke Race and this pointed me in the right direction. The damper instructions in the easy-to-find 2002-2004 RS Duke service manual don't cover the Pure Damper, so you'll need this if your fork has one (available from the Rock Shox service manual page):

2002-2004 Pure Service Guide

I'll circle back when I'm done if I come upon any other useful insights.