mtbr member
    Jan 2009

'09 Pike 454 Dual Air Setup?

I really tried to set up my new pike this morning before doing a quick rip of my local trails. Before today it had been roughly setup with the specifications on the fork so 80 in both the positive and negative chamber and then the compression was turned of and the gate was cranked all the way on. It did not blow through the travel than.

I pumped it up to 110 in both and tryd it with the gate turned off. (compression still off too) The sag felt perfect and the rebound was even with the shock, but the fork seemed to be blowing through the travel. When I turned the gate back on it did not feel like it was blowing through the travel any longer.

Is the gate meant to be turned all the way on and that's the way it is or am I missing something?(gotta check oil so that may be what I'm missing) Any tips?
    Last edited by Brother Lu; 03-21-2010 at 04:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Lu
    I really tried to set up my new pike this morning before doing a quick rip of my local trails. Before today it had been roughly setup with the specifications on the fork so 80 in both the positive and negative chamber and then the compression was turned of and the gate was cranked all the way on. It did not blow through the travel than.

I pumped it up to 110 in both and tryd it with the gate turned off. (compression still off too) The sag felt perfect and the rebound was even with the shock, but the fork seemed to be blowing through the travel. When I turned the gate back on it did not feel like it was blowing through the travel any longer.

Is the gate meant to be turned all the way on and that's the way it is or am I missing something?(gotta check oil so that may be what I'm missing) Any tips?
    Leave the compression / gate off. If the fork is blowing thru the travel lower the negative to the point where small bump compliance is compromised. Postive pressure is adjusted to achieve full travel use - raise or lower to get full travel under the biggest hits. I ran 5-10 psi lower on the negative. I use the compression / gate for pedalling platform never used it for anything else.