Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

07/08 Fox Talas RLC had clicking noise but now...

946 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ihaveagibsonsg 
#1 ·
So I recently purchased an 07 Intense 5.5 with the fork. Worked fine and out up with the clicking that so many owners complain about. But my sound/click came from left Side. Sorry don't know names of the section but my lowers are the grey color and the sound was coming from the middle portion. When I have someone push down on fork, I can feel the click while holding that portion. Now it seems to have locked up meaining suspension feels great until I really bottom the fork out and it stops like its hitting something. So if I guess I have about 80% travel with the knob set to 140. Anyways what do you guys think happened? Can this be fixed by myself (I am a decent mechanic) or how much would Fox roughly charge me? Thanks

#2 ·
I ride a 2010 36mm 160mm talas and my rebound damper is totally blown and has similar issues to yours. Does your rebound work? My LBS(North Of the Border Bikes in San Diego) quoted me a staggeringly cheap 150$ for a full rebuild plus new rebound damper. Check around with your LBS and you might find one that offers great service and can totally rebuild your fork for way less money. My buddy paid 300$ for a simple rebuild from fox after shipping.

More about my fork issues:
Sometimes if I play with the rebound damper, I'll hit a really firm part in my fork that only allows me to access about 100mm of travel. But after playing with it a little it lets me access about 145mm of the 160mm of travel. PLUS Fox forks are FAMOUS for having less travel than advertised. My lyrik used every last MM of travel and was better than the fox. However, it's a small price to pay considering they offer the best travel adjusting fork out there right now and the lyrik 2 step has had major issues in the past. I plan on purchasing an X-Fusion fork as my next upgrade, they're solid!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.