mtbr member
    Nov 2005

'06 Marzocchi MX Pro ETA 105-120

From all the advice I received on this board, looks like the MX Pro ETA is the best bet. The only issue I've come across is one isolated complaint that the rebound damping knob doesn't do much. Are there any other issues with this fork or with Marzocchi customer service?

My second choice is the Asgard, but it sounds like that fork has some stitchion and takes a while to break in. My understanding is that the MX Pro ETA is more plush for the weekend warriors like me.

Thanks again everyone. Unless someone can talk me out of the MX Pro, I'll post a review here in a couple weeks.

the 36 year old grom
    it is a nice looking fork. a really good looking fork. but looks are only skin deep. there are other forks near that price range that can deliver the goods.

my 2005 looked good and performed very well for very mild use. but it really wasn't up for real mountain bike trails. I found its limits in a few weeks and had to buy a new fork. might be OK if paired with a XC hard tail or if you are under 100 pounds. just don't think of it as a "bomber".

I had a marathon after that, and the damping was much much better. a buddy told me that the marathon made the mx pro feel like a toy.

marz makes better forks. so does rockshox and fox. I won't run a shock with less then 32mm stantions anymore.

I'd step up to a fox vanilla R. its just something you won't out grow. it might not have any features. but its solid. and I hear a lot of great things about rock shox revalation.

ay Diablo!
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug

I had a marathon after that, and the damping was much much better. a buddy told me that the marathon made the mx pro feel like a toy.

marz makes better forks. so does rockshox and fox. I won't run a shock with less then 32mm stantions anymore.

I'd step up to a fox vanilla R. its just something you won't out grow. it might not have any features. but its solid. and I hear a lot of great things about rock shox revalation.
    I also have a marathon (04) and a mx comp. They have the exact same chassis, just the damping is different. The only time you feel a big difference is if you are hitting repeative objects at high speed (bombing down the mountain at moch1). Everyday riding, XC, etc.. the difference is negalable (for the cost difference).
    Also the Fox is $400, where you can get the Marz for the $250. Not a far comparison, is the fox $150 better, depends on the riders needs.
    32mm stanchions are better then 30mm for sure, there are forks in the same price range that offer that (rock shox Tora or Recon). But once again that depends on the riders needs. Lots a people choose to ride rock shox sids with 28mm stachions, it must work for there needs.

If the rebound on the pro feels to slow and the knob doesn't fix it, then you can add lighter oil and it will solve the problem. Same is true if it is to fast, you can add heavier oil and it will slow it down. So you can have plenty of adjustment, but it might take an oil change.

The Marz MX Pro is a great no hassle fork for the weekend warrior type, it will last and last, and perform well doing so.
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/