mtbr member

06 66 Light vs 07 66 RC2 ETA ??

I've narrowed the fork choices down to two forks for my '07 Banshee Chaparral frame.

The '06 66 light and the '07 66 RC2 ETA . Besides the graphics and the '06 having 10mm less travel they seem identical. Are there any other differences between these two forks?

I'm thinking that a 170mm fork might fit the frame a little more evenly than a 180mm fork, but I'm not even sure that 10mm would be noticeable in either direction.

If anyone has any recommendations about either one of these forks, I'd love to hear them. I just can't seem to decide for myself

Elitest thrill junkie
    I beat the crap out of the 06 version. Only diff between the two is the 10mm of travel. The bike I use is a turner with just over 6" of rear travel, so the 170mm version is a nice balance. I wouldn't want the 180mm version for my bike.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input, I currently have the Banshee in 6" mode to get a lower leverage ratio so the 170mm fork would probably work out nicely, I'm building it up as more of an AM bike so I'm definitely leaning towards the 170mm now. I have a 140mm fork on it at the moment, and it climbs beautifully, I'm hoping that 170mm + ETA retains most of that climbability.