mtbr member
    Mar 2009

'05 Manitou Splice Super 100-130mm Service Info

I have a 2005 Cannondale Jekyll with the Manitou Splice Super 100-130mm fork. It was outfitted with a stiffer internal spring. I bought the bike very lightly used last summer, and have done no maintenance on the fork since purchasing the bike. I still have sufficient suspension and the sag has remained proper but my rebound seems to be deteriorating.

I understand the fork is a very mediocre fork but it has served me fine over the past two years. I intend on upgrading to a better fork next spring but was wondering if there are any cost effective things I can do to boost the performance in the meantime?

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAirSkier1580
    I have a 2005 Cannondale Jekyll with the Manitou Splice Super 100-130mm fork. It was outfitted with a stiffer internal spring. I bought the bike very lightly used last summer, and have done no maintenance on the fork since purchasing the bike. I still have sufficient suspension and the sag has remained proper but my rebound seems to be deteriorating.

I understand the fork is a very mediocre fork but it has served me fine over the past two years. I intend on upgrading to a better fork next spring but was wondering if there are any cost effective things I can do to boost the performance in the meantime?
    Give it a good overhaul and some fresh oil. Here's a manual.

You'll need damping oil, Manitou uses Motorex Racing Fork Oil...5wt is stock. You also need splash lubrication oil...Manitou uses Motorex Synthetic 5w40 motor oil for this.

Both of these oils should be available at a Motorcycle Shop

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Bingo. That is the exact information I was looking for. I scoured Manitou's website but somehow must've missed the tab for the '05.

Edit- The service manual is a touch vague and only seems to cover checking the oil level.
    Last edited by BigAirSkier1580; 08-25-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAirSkier1580
    Bingo. That is the exact information I was looking for. I scoured Manitou's website but somehow must've missed the tab for the '05.

Edit- The service manual is a touch vague and only seems to cover checking the oil level.
    Here's a pictorial from Enduro Seals for seal replacement and cleaning. Its a 2003 Black but it should be similar to your Splice. Just ignore the seal replacement part and follow the other instructions. Use the oil measurements from the Manitou Manual

Good Luck