mtbr member

05 Fox vanilla R or 06 manitou minute :03

Ok so say I could get them for the same price, which one should i get? I rode a fox a long time ago and it seemed like the most plush fork ever. The minute 3 though is a much more expensive fork retail price-wise and i prefer the looks. They both weigh about the same but i think i would enjoy the coil ride over the air that the minute has. The fork will be used for mainly aggressive cross country.
    great minds think a bike

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein
    Ok so say I could get them for the same price, which one should i get? I rode a fox a long time ago and it seemed like the most plush fork ever. The minute 3 though is a much more expensive fork retail price-wise and i prefer the looks. They both weigh about the same but i think i would enjoy the coil ride over the air that the minute has. The fork will be used for mainly aggressive cross country.
    Fox.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Any specific reasons why the fox?
    great minds think a bike

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Any specific reasons why the fox?
    The damper on the Minute sucks. The ride quality of the Fox is FAR superior.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Whoaohohohoh
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    The damper on the Minute sucks. The ride quality of the Fox is FAR superior.

_MK

WTF your promoting a FOX product, did hell freeze over? Or are you just saying go with FOX cause the guy can spend even more money and get it PUSH'D

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    WTF your promoting a FOX product, did hell freeze over? Or are you just saying go with FOX cause the guy can spend even more money and get it PUSH'D
    ha! I strive to be objective. Between those two forks, Fox is much better. That's all. The SPV damper is horrible. Some people like it, because their fork doesn't bob. You could slap a wallmart fork on the front of your bike, and it won't bob, neither.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Ya, i'm fine with a little bob. I haven't had a platform suspension yet so i don't know how i'd like it. I rode an epic and hated the on/off feeling the suspension had. I'm just too used to having movement, it makes the ride flow in my opinion, just as long as it's not a wallowing slow rebounding pig of course.
    great minds think a bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Vanilla most definately.....i cant believe i actually wasted money on a Minute at one time and i like manitou products.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ya, i'm fine with a little bob. I haven't had a platform suspension yet so i don't know how i'd like it. I rode an epic and hated the on/off feeling the suspension had. I'm just too used to having movement, it makes the ride flow in my opinion, just as long as it's not a wallowing slow rebounding pig of course.
    In that case, +1 on the Vanilla.
    (I have a Minute 3:00 and agree, it's not the smoothest damper)