Freshly Fujified

'05 All Mountain III dilemma

OK, peeps, I have a strange dilemma here. I came across an ebay ad for an '05 Marzocchi All Mountain III. The description stated that it was dual coil. Marzocchi's web site states that the '05 aftermarket All Mountain III is one side air, one side coil. The OEM line up for '05 includes an All Mountain III dual coil. I bring this to the seller's attention, and ask if he's sure it's dual coil (which for me personally is 100% critical). He says that the documentation with the fork states both-that it's dual coil, and that it's one side air and one side coil. He also states that he's sure that it's an aftermarket product and that it's dual coil.

Bottom line, whether it's OEM or aftermarket doesn't mean a bit of difference to me. All that matters is that it's dual coil, Do I trust this vendor and make the purchase, or do I walk away? FWIW, I have purchased another fork from him a few months back, and it was exactly as he said it was.

Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-2005-M...QQcmdZViewItem

All thoughts are welcome.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    I just bought an AM1 from that seller. It was exactly as described. His prices are unbeatable and he ships fast.

Freshly Fujified

Great seller

I agree Zon. I bought my MX Comp coil from him a few months back. After I submitted the post here, I went back to Marzocchi's site to look for the MX Comp Coil. It is also an OEM fork, so I'm figuring he's buying whatever Marzocchi products he can sell, not really knowing whether or not it's OEM (and again, not that it really matters). The fork seems to fit my needs as I don't need all the bells and whistles of the All Mountain I. I am torn between making the purchase and continuing to use my Marathon S 120. It's a great fork, but it has a slight bit of flex to it, and am hoping that the 32 mm stanchions on the All Mountain series will be stiffer. I also see this as the last chance to pick up on a dual coil product from Marzocchi that's geared towards this type of riding.

Someone else wanna push me over the fence one way or the other??

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Freshly Fujified

Dilemma solved....

I think.... I just picked up a 2003 Z-1 off ebay for $220 shipped. 32mm stanchions, dual coil, HSCV damping. As with every used fork out there, it was barely used Wish me luck, if this is in decent shape, I have basically exactly what the Dr. ordered.

Bob

Freshly Fujified

Fork arrived today

And it's in superb shape! Whew! No scratches or dings on the lowers, the stanchions are immaculate. Slight cable rub where you'd expect to find it. The seals and wipers came from Enduro today, so the oil gets changed Friday night and I slap it on. I'm pretty darned sure I don't even need to cut the steerer tube!

Bob

ay Diablo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    I am torn between making the purchase and continuing to use my Marathon S 120. Bob
    Bob
    If you are wanting to sale your Marathon S, my brother is looking to get one. PM me if you would like.

Did you get your 2003 Z1 from an old ladie in Reno by chance, I was watching one but didn't get a chance to bid. Nice fork!

Farmboybunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

Freshly Fujified

Check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by farmboybunk
    Bob
    If you are wanting to sale your Marathon S, my brother is looking to get one. PM me if you would like.

Did you get your 2003 Z1 from an old ladie in Reno by chance, I was watching one but didn't get a chance to bid. Nice fork!

Farmboybunk
    Message sent this morning.

Bob

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    And it's in superb shape! Whew! No scratches or dings on the lowers, the stanchions are immaculate. Slight cable rub where you'd expect to find it. The seals and wipers came from Enduro today, so the oil gets changed Friday night and I slap it on. I'm pretty darned sure I don't even need to cut the steerer tube!

Bob
    Good on ya...the older Z1s are awesome. I think this new hybrid stuff is crap. The forks were much better with dual coil.

Freshly Fujified

I'm a believer

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Good on ya...the older Z1s are awesome. I think this new hybrid stuff is crap. The forks were much better with dual coil.
    Dual coil, HSCV damping. Minimal bells and whistles. Meat and potatoes. 'Nuff said?

Bob