mtbr member

'02 RS Judy SL repair help - O-rings?

Hi all,

I'm rebuilding my old Judy SL for a beater SS project. After taking it apart it looks like it needs some o-rings.

Has anyone had any luck finding parts for older forks? If so where? I'd also be fine with calling an LBS if you know they've got parts on the shelf. RS/Sram stopped supporting these a while ago.

As far as I can tell both the air and rebound cartridges are in working condition but I might need a "U-Cup seal" and definitely need replacement o-rings.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm hungry

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mungry View Post
    Hi all,

I'm rebuilding my old Judy SL for a beater SS project. After taking it apart it looks like it needs some o-rings.

Has anyone had any luck finding parts for older forks? If so where? I'd also be fine with calling an LBS if you know they've got parts on the shelf. RS/Sram stopped supporting these a while ago.

As far as I can tell both the air and rebound cartridges are in working condition but I might need a "U-Cup seal" and definitely need replacement o-rings.

Thanks in advance!
    Haven't worked on one of those in years but have you thought of just replacing the orings with just "what fits". In a pinch i've been using Harborfrieght kits. Heck my totem and roco wc has a few orings from this kit in them. The quality of the material isn't top notch but good enough to get you going for cheap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
    Haven't worked on one of those in years but have you thought of just replacing the orings with just "what fits". In a pinch i've been using Harborfrieght kits. Heck my totem and roco wc has a few orings from this kit in them. The quality of the material isn't top notch but good enough to get you going for cheap.
    I hadn't thought of that. I was hoping to find a kit and be done before buying them via McMaster Carr or some place like that.
    I'm hungry