Rider Found Dead

02 Duke SL 100 tops out after rebuild..?

Rebuilt my 02 Duke sl 100 for 1st time and I think I put everything back right, but you never know. I did have to redo putting it back together a few times.

The compression seems fine, but there's a thunk at the top, if you compress the shock and then lift up the wheel. It certainly doesn't feel right.

I'm not real sure how the thing works, even though I took it apart and put it back together, so I'm having trouble figuring out even where the problem would be.

This is the older duke with one air spring - no negative air.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Stabbitha

I bet it didnt' have enough oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Philber
    Rebuilt my 02 Duke sl 100 for 1st time and I think I put everything back right, but you never know. I did have to redo putting it back together a few times.

The compression seems fine, but there's a thunk at the top, if you compress the shock and then lift up the wheel. It certainly doesn't feel right.

I'm not real sure how the thing works, even though I took it apart and put it back together, so I'm having trouble figuring out even where the problem would be.

This is the older duke with one air spring - no negative air.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    On open bath forks like these and the Manitou Fluid Flow, marz ssv stuff...if its low on oil it makes a knock at the top of the travel. Try adding like 5-10 cc of oil and see if it goes away or quiets a little.
    I AM HERE TO IRRITATE YOU SO THAT YOU POST MORE AND STAY OFF YOUR BIKE.

Rider Found Dead

Do you think the damping assembly has come loose?

I did a search on the Dukes and I found that there are a number of people experiencing top-out because the snap ring on the bottom of the damping rod has come unclipped. I'm thinking this may be the case, because the rebound adjuster does not seem to do anything now, which was the same as the two or three people who posted with the snap ring problem.

I suppose I could add some oil to see if it works, and maybe I don't have to take apart the whole fork. What a drag to get the whole thing reassembled and put back on the bike and get everything cabled and adjusted, just to have to take it all apart again. I hate that. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

Rider Found Dead

Fixed ...

The snapring on the bottom of the dampening rod had come off, so the dampennig side was just floating around doing nothing. Now it's buttah.