mtbr member
    Sep 2006

'00 Judy XC springs

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a "soft" spring to fit a 2000 Judy XC wih the all travel system? I recently lost a bunch of weight and the standard medium spring is a little too firm. Thanks.

FP

Baba Booey!
    I very well may be wrong, but I think those old judys used elastomers, not springs. You really would be so much better off just getting a new fork. I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find elastomers these days. I'm replacing an old fork for a friend, found a RS dart with lockout, 100mm coil for $150. I'd say its worth it...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'd like to upgrade, but I have a couple other bike parts to buy and a tight budget. The fork works fine and I'm happy with it for now. It definitely has coil springs in it - I've had it apart a couple of times.

Are there any aftermarket sources that might have similar type springs? I can try to measure and match with the little bit of documentation I have.

ejh
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    What color are you looking for? I have some springs from when I was tring to tune mine. I don't have it anymore you can have them if you want just cover shipping. PM me if you want them.

mtbr member
    Eibach, Risse and White Brothers used to make replacement springs for that fork, however from what I remember they were around $45 for the pair if you ask your shop they might be able to track them down for you.

Before you go spending any $ on that fork make sure to check the dampening cartrige to see if it is leaking (this is a non serviciable part), also check the condition of the seals and bushings. Chances are it will cost way more to get the fork back in new condition than what you could buy a new one for. I have had a Judy DH and SL and can tell you first had that what you can buy new for around $200 is lightyears beyond what you have now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The fork was "free", came with the fame when I bought it a few years ago. I just put an Enduro seal kit in it this winter. The fork doesn't leak and seems to operate fine, I just have to have the compression knobs backed all the way out to get the right sag out of it, and it doesn't look like I'm using all the travel. This fork is already a big improvement over what I had - I'd been using a Noleen crosslink for a long time prior. I liked the crosslink, but this fork seems much more responsive as well has having more travel. I'm saving up - hopefully I can pick up a fork that's only couple of years old next season.