mtbr member
    May 2013

`!!! Broken piece (lower pivot maybe) for a late 90's GT LT-S 2 needed !!!

I have a GT LTS 2 that has been my pride & joy, blood, sweat, & gears, over many a years, and I have put hundreds, if not thousands of miles on it, but now a piece is broken and I'm having an insanely difficult time trying to find the part. (I think it's called the "lower pivot" where the suspension connects to the frame, I would really appreciate anyone's input judging from the pictures on helping troubleshoot the issue/broken part or what it's even called...

Thank you anyone for your input!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails `!!! Broken piece (lower pivot maybe) for a late 90's GT LT-S 2 needed !!!-gt-part-1.jpg  

`!!! Broken piece (lower pivot maybe) for a late 90's GT LT-S 2 needed !!!-gt-part-2.jpg  

`!!! Broken piece (lower pivot maybe) for a late 90's GT LT-S 2 needed !!!-gt-part-3.jpg  

Last edited by Danimalater; 05-06-2013 at 07:14 PM.

mtbr member
    lots of LTS info here:
    Everything Gt Lts

On bikes of that vintage, it's often best to look for bikes of the same era on craiglsist/ebay/pinkbike.
    You'll sometimes find a complete bike for cheap and it will be your best source of spare parts.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thank you for your input Clydesdale... do you think either of the following links are or have the right parts to replace what's busted on there by chance?

GT Bike Lts Drop Out Pivot Bushing Repair Kit | eBay

GT Lts and Sts spares : Mountain bikes and componets by BETD Goldtec

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Dan. First, clean the dam bike up. It looks like you havn't cleaned it up in years. Next, it is no good the way it is now, so take it apart and clean everything up. Next, take some pictures of were the "break" is. You want to show us, so we understand if we can help you. I have what is called a "chain stay" for the later (97 & up) lts's, but its for a DH model (its longer). If the break is clean, maybe you can have it welded up, but I would be carefull about the plastic bushings in the chain stay. They don't like heat. Show us the pictures, so we can help you. Doral

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thank you everyone for your input! I've cleaned the bike since the pics were taken but still haven't found the parts there in the middle. Someone else on ebay bought those "bushings"... I know it's hard to tell from the pics but does anyone think these parts are the correct replacements ???

GT Bike Lts Drop Out Pivot Bushing Repair Kit | eBay

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    No. Those are for the rear pivot (horst link) back just in front of the rear axle. Try BETD. They have a bearing kit that will make your frame feel like a new bike. If you are going to keep the bike, this is a good investment. I found it. benscycle.net then scroll down to lts/sts and click on it. You need to know what year your frame is, but I see the lower bushing kits for about $27. Check it out. Doral

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Did you take a digital picture of the bike, displayed it on a laptop screen, then took a digital picture of the digital picture?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    żżżlol dude that's hilarious I didn't even notice but you're right man what the hell??? (lol)