Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i have had the same problem twice now , the warranty sorted it out the first time but the second time i found this site .fibre-lyte.co.uk, this guy is awsome he is even building me a outer cage too

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Just a quick post for those who want to know, we (fibre-lyte) now manufacture replacement inner and outer cages for the M972 derailleur. The inners are shown on our website, the outers aren't shown yet but will be soon. Please be aware that we don't include the alloy inserts (barrel or spring limit screw) in the outer cage, these need to be sourced from the original Shimano plate but they're usually still attached when breakages happen.

mtbr member
    I know this is a dead old thread but in case someone out there dusts off their old 9 speed M972 xtr der w/ the broken cage and is looking to get it going again for that spare bike, the cage (GS only!) from the Saint (inner and outer - the whole thing) M810 and M810A will fit according to the shim tech docs. These are still avail online (mostly in europe).

ie: http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830799958.pdf
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2