mtbr member

XTR or Saint help

Hey guys right now Im running a x9 shifter and x9 derailure. I need to replace the shifter due to a crash and want to go back to shimano. I loved the xtr shifters I have on my other bike. I started to look at the saint line. What can you you guys tell me about the saint line compaired to the xtr line. I know the xtr stuff is top of the line. Is the saint line just as good just typed tword the all mountain type riding style?

Thanks

ups and downs
    Saint is more like XT level and has much of the same features.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    While it is true that the original Saint M800 was comparable to an XT M700 series group-set and produced to lower tolerances in factories across Asia the newer Saint M810 (gold accented) is produced in the same factory in Osaka, Japan as XTR M900 series and Dura-ace using premium duralumin alloys.

The Saint M810 shifter has the same functionality and is inter-changeable with an XTR shifter but has shorter shift levers requiring a firmer effort to shift, a two position mounting bracket instead of the sliding XTR M970's and a no double down shift as featured on the XTR.
    Last edited by seamus32; 08-11-2009 at 09:59 PM.