Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

XTR M960 BB compatible with Raceface Deus crank?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  crisillo 
#1 ·
My Raceface X-type BB wears out, I want to change a new one, but it's hard to find at my place. So I just want to ask does the Shimano XTR M960 BB compatible with the raceface Deus XC crankset? Thanks for help!;)

#6 ·
Servicing Shimano bearings

Gasp... you take apart the BB, ignoring the sticker on there that says not to?? I bet you go around ripping tags off of mattresses too, you rebel.:D

I've heard it can be a challenge to get the seals out without damaging them - any tricks you've learned? Is the XTR BB enough nicer that the XT to make it worth upgrading?

Thx, Jim

#8 ·
jehull said:
Gasp... you take apart the BB, ignoring the sticker on there that says not to?? I bet you go around ripping tags off of mattresses too, you rebel.:D

I've heard it can be a challenge to get the seals out without damaging them - any tricks you've learned? Is the XTR BB enough nicer that the XT to make it worth upgrading?

Thx, Jim
It is quite ok... You can take a look at this thread by Hecubus for instructions

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=136309&highlight=hecubus

I would keep to the XT BB, I guess the only real difference is the color...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.