mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. xtr 960 brake calipers and 975 brake levers...?

Hi all,

I am planning to change my 2004 dual control M960 but I don't have much to spend... I'd like to keep the 960 caliper and buy xtr 975 disc brake levers...

Does anyone know if that's compatible ? I guess it is but I'd like to know before buying...

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    yep...no problem with compatiblity.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeedfreak
    yep...no problem with compatiblity.
    Cool After that I just have to swicht my dual control for 2 attack twisters... and here we go for new shiffting sensations at pretty low cost

Thanks for the info.

the catalan connection
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalfred
    Hi all,

I am planning to change my 2004 dual control M960 but I don't have much to spend... I'd like to keep the 960 caliper and buy xtr 975 disc brake levers...

Does anyone know if that's compatible ? I guess it is but I'd like to know before buying...

Thanks.
    I did EXACTLY the same swap. No problem (Goodridge lines) Just remember that the 975īs donīt use banjos like the 960 levers.
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Actually have a similar question. I have the same setup but will be swapping from a IS front caliper to a post mount. Both utilize banjo fittings right? Won't I just need to unbolt, rebolt, rebleed, and ride?