mtbr member
    Apr 2009

XT Crank (FC-M770) with e*13 LG1+

Hey All,

I've done tonnes of searching but I can't come up with an answer to a specific question. Sorry to post this if it's been answered before.

I've seen pics of the XT crankset being used with an e*thirteen LG1+ guide, so I know it's possible. My question is: I'm wondering if it's possible to run that set up without having to grind off the granny ring tabs?

I'd like to try running 1x10, but I want to be able to switch back to a two/three ring setup incase I don't like it or need to sell the cranks.

Cheers,
    -PdD

PS: On a side note, has anyone run a Race Face Single ring on a FC-M770 crank?

mtbr member
    I've been lucky to be able to set-up both an XT (770) and an SLX (665) crankset with an LG-1+ without any granny tab grinding. This is on a Transition Covert V.2 with 73mm BB. And it worked as well with both the stock Shimano BB and a Wheels Mfg. Ceramic BB.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees
    I've been lucky to be able to set-up both an XT (770) and an SLX (665) crankset with an LG-1+ without any granny tab grinding. This is on a Transition Covert V.2 with 73mm BB. And it worked as well with both the stock Shimano BB and a Wheels Mfg. Ceramic BB.
    Thanks for the response. I'm thinking of trying it on a 2011 Kona CoilAir. It's got a 73mm BB as well, so fingers crossed.

Did you use it with the ISCG-05 tabs? What kind of ring are you running on the cranks?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pas de Dopage
    Thanks for the response. I'm thinking of trying it on a 2011 Kona CoilAir. It's got a 73mm BB as well, so fingers crossed.

Did you use it with the ISCG-05 tabs? What kind of ring are you running on the cranks?
    Yes, ISCG05 tabs with a Homebrewed Components chainring.