Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    looking forward for you reporting back how your install went.. am thinking of getting the i-spec adapters as well but the part about taking out the cables have me worried.

thanks in advance.
    I have the A type for both brakes and shifters (2012 models) and bought the I-Spec A kit and wondering how it is possible to install without removing the cables? It is not as simple as just removing the indicators, removing the screws and swapping the cover. The instructions say the pin plate needs to be removed and without removing the pin plate the cover won't fit as its too shallow. I just opened up the gear shifter today for the first time trying to do this and ended up putting the old cover back on as I didn't want to remove any cables. Any answers on this would be much appreciated. Thx.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Upgrade from Deore M591 to XT M780 i-spec B

hi all, I have just upgraded my shifters to XTs I-spec B and I captured it in a video. Let me know if you have any questions. BTW, love the XTs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7eM8Upd4kI

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Same situation- a spec lever leaked, b spec lever arrived in the mail. So, I ordered the b spec cover, this is what is required to run a spec shifters on b spec levers, correct?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Does anyone want to sell me their bar clamp mount for the XT left shifter?

There's no forward/backwards adjustment with the ispecs unless I move my brake levers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6