Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    60

    Where's the Beef: No Shimano 1 x 11 @ Eurobike?

    What's the hold up? You better start giving us some hints before all trail bikes are SRAM 1 x 11. I know XTR 1 X 11 is coming. Just give us a couple of crumbs to munch on.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    814

    Where's the Beef: No Shimano 1 x 11 @ Eurobike?

    Quote Originally Posted by YogiKudo View Post
    What's the hold up? You better start giving us some hints before all trail bikes are SRAM 1 x 11. I know XTR 1 X 11 is coming. Just give us a couple of crumbs to munch on.
    Yer......what he said!!!!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    16
    Shimano lost the game to SRAM ?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjabiker View Post
    Shimano lost the game to SRAM ?
    All it would take to send the kind of ... sort of ... oh my gods ... absurdly expensive SRAM system into the bins of history is 10 speed 11x42 or 11x44 cassette in the $80-150 range Many people are doing exactly that using aftermarket options ...
    Last edited by Davide; 09-06-2013 at 04:08 PM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    All it would take to send the kind of ... sort of ... oh my gods ... absurdly expensive SRAM system into the bins of history is 10 speed 11x42 or 11x44 cassette in the $80-150 range Many people are doing exactly that using aftermarket options ...
    That's what I'm holding out for. I already have my Wolf Tooth Components 30t for when it happens. I refuse to spend $400 on a cassette.

  6. #6
    Baby Bear is in the house
    Reputation: r1Gel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by YogiKudo View Post
    What's the hold up? You better start giving us some hints before all trail bikes are SRAM 1 x 11. I know XTR 1 X 11 is coming. Just give us a couple of crumbs to munch on.
    Anybody know what the "wide ratio cassette" in this video is? Scrub to 1:10
    Silverback 2014 - Signo Tecnica, Sprada & Scalera - YouTube
    I don't think it's 11-speed, but those larger cogs look bigger than normal.
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by r1Gel View Post
    Anybody know what the "wide ratio cassette" in this video is? Scrub to 1:10
    Silverback 2014 - Signo Tecnica, Sprada & Scalera - YouTube
    I don't think it's 11-speed, but those larger cogs look bigger than normal.
    That looks like a 36-11 cassette XT....nothing special....but often referred to as wide ratio

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    34
    No news at interbike as well?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    157
    whats the deal is shimano coming out with a 11 speed setup? I need a new group and would love to get a shimano 1x11.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    60
    From what I understand, it will probably be summer before you can get your hands on XTR 1 x 11. I am an admitted Shimano snob. However, I appreciate SRAM's innovation and I am going to support them. I ordered both an XX1 & XO1 group. J

  11. #11
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,163
    Speaking of blowing XX1 out of the water...

    The biggest move Shimano could have jumped on was to offer a similar system without needing to mess with your rear hub. That 10t cog that requires a hub converter really lost a lot of business.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 11:04 PM
  2. Beef up Giant Reign for freeride/bike parks?
    By Drewbis1 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
  3. Pastrami or Corned Beef Sandwich? And why.
    By fatcat in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 11:40 PM
  4. OT: Beef, pork, turkey ** Jerky**
    By TX_Shifter in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 09:54 PM
  5. OT: Not lampshades, or Tundras but beef jerky...
    By mordecai in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •