mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Small chainring for M952 Crank (4 bolt)

I've worn out the small chain-ring on my M952 4-bolt crank again, and can't find a new one anywhere.

If you are familiar with this crank you know it will accept only the original Shimano chain-rings. Or, you could pop for an aftermarket spline and all new aftermarket chain-rings, which I'm not about to do.

This is a bulletproof Crank, and I see no reason not to keep using it until it breaks, which will be never.

I just need a source for new small chain-rings (24t). Does anyone have any ideas?

Beyond Bikes says Shimano doesn't make them anymore.

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmasher
    I've worn out the small chain-ring on my M952 4-bolt crank again, and can't find a new one anywhere.

If you are familiar with this crank you know it will accept only the original Shimano chain-rings. Or, you could pop for an aftermarket spline and all new aftermarket chain-rings, which I'm not about to do.

This is a bulletproof Crank, and I see no reason not to keep using it until it breaks, which will be never.

I just need a source for new small chain-rings (24t). Does anyone have any ideas?

Beyond Bikes says Shimano doesn't make them anymore.
    I can make one for ya. shoot me an email.

mtbr member

Middleburn makes a replacement spider

If that does not work out, Middleburn makes a spider adapter for the m952. You would need to replace all three rings. I have the same situation and I'm waiting for parts now. You can find more info and links here:

http://flamencohead.com/flamencohead...52_chainrings/

Robert