Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MTB B'dos
    Yup, they look sweet Got me thinking maybe I'll do the same to my old M760 XTs I have, that are partially polished due to heal rub. Polished cranks before, but did it the hard way using oven cleaner, steel wool and sand paper, this seems a lot easier with great results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnclimber View Post
    Done today

You like?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADDam View Post
    The Spider is powdercoated, so the DeAno process does not effect it.

Adam
    aware this has been covered a bunch, but just bent a chainring and while am waiting for new Blackspire stuff thought I'd give this a shot...before I dunk my M615 Deore in a bucket, are we really sure the new '14 cranks aren't just painted They do not appear to anodized...maybe the drain cleaner will remove either The spider appears to be finished differently like maybe powdercoat at any rate, if anybody has any horror stories, please share

that first picture dont belong there...sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SLX Cranks - DeAno'd and polished-dsc01522.jpg  

SLX Cranks - DeAno'd and polished-dsc01477.jpg  

SLX Cranks - DeAno'd and polished-dsc01464.jpg  

2014 Nail Trail 29er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by time229er View Post
    aware this has been covered a bunch, but just bent a chainring and while am waiting for new Blackspire stuff thought I'd give this a shot...before I dunk my M615 Deore in a bucket, are we really sure the new '14 cranks aren't just painted They do not appear to anodized...maybe the drain cleaner will remove either The spider appears to be finished differently like maybe powdercoat at any rate, if anybody has any horror stories, please share

that first picture dont belong there...sorry
    just a follow-up...these cranks are not ano but are powdercoat...two hours plus in hot-rod draino and all I got were clean parts. Not even a bubble!

I just wanted to clean up some ugly chain drop poop, so I started lightly sanding the cranks with 1500 wet. What I ended up with is a "rat rod" look. At first I was bummed, but after a bit, it sorta grew on me. I just put it back together with Santa's Race Face chain rings, pedals, and XT bottom bracket.

Not that it makes any difference, but what do the troops think ...well, I guess it does sorta make a difference, or I would not have asked
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SLX Cranks - DeAno'd and polished-dsc01669.jpg  

SLX Cranks - DeAno'd and polished-dsc01670.jpg  

SLX Cranks - DeAno'd and polished-dsc01668.jpg  

SLX Cranks - DeAno'd and polished-dsc01521.jpg  

Last edited by time229er; 01-20-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    2014 Nail Trail 29er

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2