mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Shimano Service Can't be beat

Real shout out to Shimano. Their service is amazing, especially when compared to SRAM and Campy. The following is my experience:

XTR Rear derailer: used regularly for 18 months. Developed serious play in the body so that shifting was suffering. I sent via UPS to Shimano on Wednesday (from West Coast). The following Wednesday I received a new derailer.

Compare that to the following:

Sent Reverb to SRAM January (via shop). Received it back in May. Jan 14 to May 2. I could have smelted the aluminum, drilled and refined the oil, and manufactured the post in this amount of time.

Sent front derailer to Campy Jan 15. (Via Shop). Received it back March 15.

All three items were covered under warranty. All had proper documentation.

Unfortunately I purchased a SRAM group in January before experiencing the great Shimano service and DELAYED SRAM service. It will likely be my last SRAM group.

Keep up the good work Shimano.

mtbr member
    Do you recall if they shipped back your part using UPS or FedEx?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Shimano Service Can't be beat

Definitely call them. I dropped off pedals and thy got lost. They apologized and expedited the return. Definitely call them on Tuesday when they reopen.

They ship UPS

mtbr member
    Bummer. If he did ship it UPS it should have arrived today for sure. I called and left him a voicemail. Was excited for nothing when he promised me that it would be back for sure this week, but now not so.

Thanks for the update. Have a safe and fun memorial weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Amazing Customer Service!

I lost one of the tension screws out of my 4 year old XTR 970 pedals. Just fell out on my last ride, not sure how. I called my LBS and was basically told it would be like $20 for them to try and get one from Shimano and I was better off finding one myself. Frustrated with that answer I decided to call Shimano directly. Right away I got a real person who immediately understood the problem and was eager to help. They're out of warranty so that wasn't an option. Instead he took my information and said he'd try to find one and send it right out. I admit it seemed way too easy and I was a little skeptical. Sure enough though a few hours later I got a phone call that 2 screws were on the way...no charge. Friggin' awesome!!! That is how customer service should be done, and that's just another reason to always ride Shimano!