mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Shimano Nexus SG-7R46 Hub Assembly, Newcomer Needs Your Help!

I have been riding bicycles for 30 years but never once had to assemble or adjust anything on the bikes I have ridden, my brother sold me a pretty nice Phat beachcrusier/Chopper bike and installed a Shimano Nexus SG-7R46 37 spoke 7 speed hub. The other day I was wiping it down as I always do from time to time and only a few minutes into riding it I was stuck in first gear, I noticed the shifting mechanism was hanging off the hub. I took it home a very carefully took the wheel off and just don't have a clue how it go's back together, I have seen the exploded view of the hub and that didn't help at all since it only shows one side of the hub, the side I need to see is not visible. I have provided some pictures of my hub in hopes someone can tell me how to put it back together, I fiddled with it for over 2 hours and am at the end of m rope! The thing that has "Lock" written on it somehow locks the shifting mechanism onto the hub only I spent over two hours trying, does anyone know how to assemble this damn thing? Thank you

Best regards
    Systemlord.

mtbr member
    Perhaps post this in the internal gear hubs forum. It has more traffic and lots of experience.

Tim

Members who have read this thread: 0