Thread: Shimano M575'S

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Shimano M575'S

Hello Guys

I'm new to the forum...

I have 6 months now Shimano m575...I needed bleeding before 2 months...I tryied to do it myself but it's the most difficult bleeding ever

I send them to a bike shop here in Greece and they''Bled it''The problem is that the front brake even before bleeding was loosing power.....And it' loosing now again....I will spray Disc Brake cleaner of Dirtwash onto the pistons (without pads)....I have all new pads front...Back i have almost destroyed...Do you have a nice video(Not shimano's Boshit video)how to bleed them??There's nothing on youtube....Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    no one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    mine did start to loose power to,

i went to a bike shop, and they showed me that there seems to come a little film of some material on the disk from the pads, brake cleaner will not take care of this, i had to machine it down, and then i pulled the lever w/o the disc in place

and they have bin good since then

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm not sure if this helps or not - but I found out, with Shimano brakes, I have to push the lever out after every time I pump the lever to bleed, in order to take the air out completely. That, combined with tapping brake calipers, lines and levers during the bleed. When you push the lever out, a small bubble comes out. Repeat that 10~20 times until no more air comes out.

Also after you clean the pads/piston/calipers, insert paper between the piston and pads, squeeze the lever several times. If you see a ring of oil on the paper, you have a leaky piston - that would deteriorate the brake performance big time. At that point, have your shop warranty your brakes.

Hope something works for you.