Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shimano M505 Tension Springs

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SmallAirAndy 
#1 ·
Okay, so it's not really a chain, a chain ring or a crank, but it's attached to a crank, so that kind of means it's drivetrain, right?

Anyhow, last night I was prepping my bike for an all day ride today. I took it for a spin to make sure all was sound when I realize that my left pedal on one side isn't keeping me clipped in. Upon further inspection, it's revealed that the spindle that is inserted into the pedal and through the springs has become loose, forcing the back half of the clip-in component to sit askew.

Now, since it wasn't flush, it was jammed into the side of the pedal, so I had to remove the spindle, which of course meant the springs came loose as well. When i tried to reinsert the spindle through the springs, it wouldn't go tight. I was finally able to figure out how to keep the bracket tight, but the tension screw (tightens or loosens the clip-in bracket for harder or easier entry/exit) wouldn't tighten.

I think I'm close to figuring it out, but if anyone has any tips as to how to make this process any easier, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

-a

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.