mtbr member
    Feb 2008

shimano hg94 10spd chain

are there any compatible (power links) known for the Dyna-sys 10 speed system? I'm not a big fan of the connector pins that much. I like taking the chain off regularly to clean.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Kmc 10speed reusable links, either in gold or silver color
    biker boy

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbenny1 View Post
    are there any compatible (power links) known for the Dyna-sys 10 speed system? I'm not a big fan of the connector pins that much. I like taking the chain off regularly to clean.
    You are aware that doing deep cleaning on chains strips the factory lube out of the inside? You end up with a pretty chain (for a while) that will wear out faster.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to try that KMC link.

mtbr member
    +1 for KMC links, but I find them a bit stiffer than the 9 speed versions (tighter tolerances perhaps?) so recommend investing in a pair of link pliers as well to ease the removal process.

mtbr member

shimano hg94 10spd chain

I second Perth on the Park link pliers. I have them and use them regularly on the KMC missing link. Makes it very simple.

I also cut a wire hanger and bent the ends down and inward making hooked ends. I then place this through the chain links to hold the tension off the chain. Makes removing and replacing the link much easier.