mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Shimano Clipless Shoe AM45

I was looking for an AM type shoe I can also walk in and just bought the AM 45. I really like how it fits and looks. How will this shoe do on long (6-45 miles) rides?

I am not worried about the sole stiffness or anything like that since I am coming from something that is probably 7 years old, but more if my feet are going to roast.

Does anyone have them and how do you like them? Any issues?

MarkyMark
    I have the Shimano DX, which are the predecessor to the AM45s I was worried about my feet cooking as well, but they've been great even in the summer on longish rides (~20 miles) with the CB Mallets. I think I saw someone on the podium in last week's DH World Cup podium wearing DX's.

The only minor issue is that you might get some pedal rub as they're pretty wide compared to XC shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by ggilings View Post
    I was looking for an AM type shoe I can also walk in and just bought the AM 45. I really like how it fits and looks. How will this shoe do on long (6-45 miles) rides?

I am not worried about the sole stiffness or anything like that since I am coming from something that is probably 7 years old, but more if my feet are going to roast.

Does anyone have them and how do you like them? Any issues?