mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Shimano 1x11... Please

I loath SRAM and don't want to buy XX1(and who knows if it'll ever be in stock anywhere), but need better gearing than a 1x10. Is shimano going to do it? I'll stick with my xt 1x10 if its coming somewhat soon. Please, I love shimano, don't want to add SRAM to my bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Why do you hate SRAM? I have used both SRAM and Shimano and they both work great. I have a slight preference for Shimano, and I especially prefer their trigger shifters and brakes over SRAM/Avid, but if I had the funds I'd love to put an XX1 drivetrain on my bike.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    ---------------------------------
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Shimano has active patents up to a 14 gear cassette, so don't worry.

But really, external gearing/derailleurs have to go away.

When an internal comes in at the right weight, price, durability, and efficiency, kiss the derailleur goodbye.

Actually, scratch one of those, I dont even think price is that much of a barrier.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    You changed your tune pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by RockyJunky View Post
    I loath SRAM and don't want to buy XX1(and who knows if it'll ever be in stock anywhere), but need better gearing than a 1x10. Is shimano going to do it? I'll stick with my xt 1x10 if its coming somewhat soon. Please, I love shimano, don't want to add SRAM to my bike.
    And from:
    XX1 Availability?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyJunky View Post
    Bam, done. Found a kit on eBay, buy it now or best offer and the guy gave me a smoking deal. Thanks for everyone's help. Should have it soon. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hope they just make a 10 speed cassette with the added 42 tooth ring and kill the 11 tooth.
    You would have peeps scrambling to purchase this. Guys I ride with have been askin for this for years. Most of us on 1x10 now, but with the lower gear 10 speed cassette it would be a home run where we ride.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    Hope they just make a 10 speed cassette with the added 42 tooth ring and kill the 11 tooth.
    This. And for those of us on the wagon wheels, give me a 1x crankset that can take something down to a 28t. I don't loath SRAM as a whole, just their cranksets and BB's.