mtbr member
    May 2010

Please Help Going Crazy....

I'm running an LX rear derailleur and it's not staying in gear at all, it keeps slipping not into another gear but doing my head in as I can't ride it without it slipping.

I tried moving the L (Low) and H (High) screws in and out and still this has no effect, can someone please help me as I'm going bananas.

mtbr member
    May 2010

thats the derailieur I'm talking about.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Worn out cassette/chain -> may slip under load on most used gears
    Bent hanger -> will not index properely
    Dirty housings/cables -> will not downshift properely

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator
    Worn out cassette/chain -> may slip under load on most used gears
    Bent hanger -> will not index properely
    Dirty housings/cables -> will not downshift properely

The chain and cassette is brand new so that shouldn't be any problems there.

It shifts up and down ok bar when it get to the top it over shoots the top ring. but in most gears it's doing this slipping thing which is making me go crazy I'll record what it's doing and upload to youtube later today.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You can hear it clicking like.

MTB B'dos
    OK, so you messed with the High/Low limit screws - they have no effect on shifting except in limiting how far at either end of the cassette the chain can go. Seems like you need to first up set your LOW limit screw in more to stop the chain going over the back of the cassette. As to your noise, it's intermitent, so check for possible chain stiff/bent link. Have tou tried adjusting the barrel adjuster OR just holding to cable to add more tension and see if the noise goes away. I'd guess it's just a simple case of some fine tuning on the barrel adjuster.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    OK, so you messed with the High/Low limit screws - they have no effect on shifting except in limiting how far at either end of the cassette the chain can go. Seems like you need to first up set your LOW limit screw in more to stop the chain going over the back of the cassette. As to your noise, it's intermitent, so check for possible chain stiff/bent link. Have tou tried adjusting the barrel adjuster OR just holding to cable to add more tension and see if the noise goes away. I'd guess it's just a simple case of some fine tuning on the barrel adjuster.

Thanks for the amazing helpful reply mate top stuff will get on this eve when home from work thankyou