Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Phony XT shifters on ebay!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  miketech1 
#1 ·
I saw this listing for some 'XT shifters', but the ones pictured were just STX RC or some other cheapies. I emailed him to say so. He emailed me back this message:

1st of all, no they're not. STX RC have the optical display and the etched logo. Mine are old, and they go with the XT/Deore group. 2nd, don't tell me what my item is. 3rd, don't try and tell me, just don't bid.

Either he's straight- up lying, or he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I love it when experts want to put me in my place. What a prick. I'm sick of scammers on ebay.

#2 ·
What an ass, looks like he cleared up the confusion.

EVERYONE, I apologize for the mixup. These are not XT shifters, but I believe they are in fact STX-RC shifters. There is nothing on them except 'Shimano,' there is no evident model number on the casing, nor is there a model name. The only indication is a small sticker on the right shifter that states "8S" or "85."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.