Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    aka: SpeedyChix
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    Am I wrong? It appears as though your pedal just unscrewed from the spindle. Or, is something broken that I can't see from the photo?
    End of axle is what's been snapping on them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    The nut snapping off the threaded end on the outside of the pedal?

I have had that happen on a set of Time ATAC Carbons, quite scary to wonder why the pedal suddenly feels really vague and then realise one was about an inch away from punching the exposed axle into one's calf muscle!!

Sorry to hear that Shimano has not been any good at warranty, they have only been great in my experience (brake seals which do not tolerate winters) but you reallly should write to them as companies know that a written letter means the customer is really unhappy and very likely to tell everyone they meet how unhappy about a company/ product they are.

Happy trails.
    XTR Di2
    bikeandskiblog.com
    #PUSH-Elevensix #stagescycling #NOBL #absoluteblack #9point8ca #blackspire #shimano

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    First ride on a set of PD-M8020 Trail pedals yesterday. Amazing!! Especially teamed up with the SH-M200 Trail shoes. Will post an update once they have had a few miles and been beaten up a bit.
    XTR Di2
    bikeandskiblog.com
    #PUSH-Elevensix #stagescycling #NOBL #absoluteblack #9point8ca #blackspire #shimano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12