mtbr member
    Jul 2008

New Saint FC-M825 crankset - 10speed only?

Hi there,

on Shimano's homepage it is stated that the new crank only works with 10speed cassettes?

Is this true or just marketing - anyone running the new saint with a 9speed cassette and chain?

Thanx

MK

mtbr member
    I'm also interestet in this question: if the dyna-sys crankset (FC-M675) will work with 9 speed drive. I have read on different forums (Polish) it is possible to use dyna-sys crankset with 9 speed drive but you have to use a dyna-sys chain also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Maria View Post
    Hi there,

on Shimano's homepage it is stated that the new crank only works with 10speed cassettes?

Is this true or just marketing - anyone running the new saint with a 9speed cassette and chain?

Thanx

MK
    I don't know for sure but have the crank coming next week so will find out. I think worst case scenario is changing out the chain ring to keep it 9spd. Fingers crossed! I will update when I get it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Maria View Post
    Hi there,

Thanx

MK
    Works fine. Currently running XTR 980 crank, XTR 981 FD, SRAM 971 chain, SRAM 990 cassette, and XO 9sp rear der.
    Romani ite domum