mtbr member

Need help with anatomy of E type m985 front derailleur

Hey All,

I'm interested in knowing where the "anchor" point is located on the E-type m895 front derailleur, i.e. where the derailleur mechanism is secured so that it cannot rotate in the same axis as the cranks turn.

My frame wasn't designed around an E-type derailleur, but due to the way the seat tube is externally butted, it may be my only option to mount a 2 x 10 speed derailleur. My BB uses a spacer between the bearing cup and frame, so I do believe I have space for it. The plan is to also get a problem solvers clamp and custom-build or fashion connector from it to an area on the derailleur mount, preferably the stock location; anybody know where this is? I can't draw an obvious conclusion from the picture. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help with anatomy of E type m985 front derailleur-z_105-shif30.jpg  

It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

mtbr member
    By the way, if there's already an existing solution to my problem, then I'm all ears. A quick internet seach yielded a "problem solvers E type braze on clamp," but apparently it's discontinued.
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If I'm reading your question correctly, the attachment point to the frame is shown below. The frame has a small raised area with a threaded insert and a 5mm bolt attaches it to the frame. You may be able to fabricate something with a derailleur clamp, a 5mm nut, some epoxy, and ingenuity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help with anatomy of E type m985 front derailleur-z_105%2520shif30.jpg