Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

M965 dual adjust or replacement- help!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  weeve 
#1 ·
Hi there

Just bought a new (but 2006) bike for my girl which came with M965 dual control XTR.
The problem is the reach isjust too great for her small hands her to change gear easily...doooh.

Firstly ...can I adjust the distance to the bars? Cant see anything except the small allen key to change the brake lever braking distance....if not .... then can I buy a new lever from 2007 and separate shifters? I think so but the connection hose is a banjo on the current hose and direct on the new XTR model? I reall y reall y dont want to have to replace the whole brake set up!

Thanks so much for the advise...been searching tinternet all morning and stuck for an answer

cheers
steve
london, UK

#2 ·
The shaft that connects the handle to the piston has on the end a spot for an allen key. By adjusting that shaft it will bring the handle closer to the bar. It will not change engagement point from the full return position. Try adjusting that. I am pretty sure you can get all the fittings you need if you are going to change levers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.