mtbr member
    Oct 2004

How will Shimano counter XX1?

I prefer Shimano products but am tempted by XX1. I wonder what Shimano will do and when. Thoughts? Sorry just saw thread below.
    Last edited by Harryonaspot; 11-08-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Duplicate

mtbr member
    They'll counter with a left hook to the body and finish with a right uppercut.

Butt seriously... they already have an 11 speed road cassette, I'm sure they will eventually release 11 speed XTR. Whatever they dream up will be awesome and I will probably buy it.

mtbr member
    I really want a 1x11 drivetrain for a trail bike. Front deralilurs are dumb on anything but an XC race machine imo. Heck, I don't have one on my xc racing rig. Maybe it's the SS'er in me, but seriously, your faster not having to go up and down front rings, not to mention they jump around, it's more crap to break and maintain, and clutters up the bars. Maybe it's that I ride more aggressivly, but a good chain keeper/guide rarely drops on me, where as I seem to drop front derailleur setups all the time. Hell, I kept dropping chain on the Slash I was using bombing through rocky sections or hitting dirt jumps. My 1x9 26er HT never missed a beat tho on the same trails?

I'd like to see Shimano follow SRAM's lead here and come out with something. I personally really like SRAM shifting to Shimano's, but that's me. The shifts are quick and crisp on my X9, but a little slower, albeit smoother on my XTR. It's preference I think.

I'm all for the 1x11 and might have to buy one for my next bike. Really would wanna put this on a Krampus......
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.