mtbr member

Help finishing my drive train

So this is my first Bike build done by my self and I have a couple questions Im hoping you guys can help me with.

I ordered
    Transition Blindside frame w/ Transition Revolution 32 I'm trying to get a parts list for my drive train all set. (List below).

Question 1) I want to run 180mm Rotors so what Shimano Disc Brake Adapters should I be looking at for both front and rear? Brake Adapters

Question 2) I was looking at getting these rotors (Shimano SLX RT66 6-BOLT ) but Im not sure if the above wheel set requires me to use Shimano Centerlock To 6 Bolt Adapter

Here are the parts in mind

Shimano M640 Zee Rear Derailleur
    Shimano ZEE M640 Rear 10 Speed Shifter
    Shimano Zee M640 Brake set
    Shimano ZEE M640 Crankset
    Shimano 105 5700 10 Speed Cassette

Thank you for any help in advance!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    1) Brake adapters are dependent upon your fork and frame. So can't help you there since I don't know what fork you have and not familiar of the frame.

2) The link to the wheelset doesn't say what kind of rotor it accepts, but I'm guessing 6-bolt rotors. So you're good there.

Nice build btw.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt View Post
    1) Brake adapters are dependent upon your fork and frame. So can't help you there since I don't know what fork you have and not familiar of the frame.

2) The link to the wheelset doesn't say what kind of rotor it accepts, but I'm guessing 6-bolt rotors. So you're good there.

Nice build btw.
    Thanks for the help, I ended up going with "Fox Talas 36 180/140 front fork" and the wheel set is 6 bolt. So right now I just need to figure out if I need those adpators for the use of 180mm rotors.

Thank you

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Looks like you need a post style brake adaptor for the fork. Sorry but can't help you with the rear brake adaptor. Have you ask Transition?