Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Faulty Shimano m810s????

997 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  onespeedfreak 
#1 ·
Got these off ebay brand new and already assembled. Fitted to Kona and worked like a dream for a while, although hoses were the wrong way around. Not using centerlock shimano hubs, got XT rotors and fitted as usual. Got bike shop to swap hoses and all was good for ages apart from two problems now! Any hints on these would be great as I've scoured the web and can find nothing!

Problem 1: Rear wheel spins fine at low speed but when I go above a certain speed, the rotor begins to rub on the pads. The rotors sit about 3mm from the frame and are not rubbing as far as I can tell....

Problem 2: Originally front brake worked fine and it took the same distance of lever depression to brake as the rear brake. Now I depress half the distance and the brake squeals and feels incredibly bitey...I'm hoping that this means the pistons need a little oil on them although I did what I used to do with my Hayes and used a palette knife to ease the pistons back but after a little while I'm back in the same position again!!!

Is there a way to set the pads back slightly or do these brakes auto-compensate for pad wear???

Not had these long and were performing perfectly and would love to get them back to how they were a few months ago...

See less See more
#2 ·
The Saint M810 is supposed to feel incredibly sharp and powerful. You can adjust lever stroke with the screw on the lever beneath the 'free stroke' writing.

The squealing is nearly un-stoppable. From what I hear, Shimano riders are using organic pads to stop this, the only ones I can find are an aftermarket set made by a company called Aztec. It's either that or use the Saint specific Centrelock rotor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.