Thread: Cleats SH55

loc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Cleats SH55

I have SH51 and just starting out with clipless. I'm sure eventually I will use SH51 Cleats but during this learning experience I would like to start out with a set of SH55's. Since I hoping for a very short tranistion period I was hoping that I can find a set of SH55's for a very low used price. Does anyone have a set laying around that they want to sell inexpensively? Location;(Pittsburgh,PA)

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    cleats don't really cost that much, just have your local shop get a new pair for you. cleats are one of those things that people really don't change out until they are worn out, so finding a pair of used cleats in good shape could take some time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    oh yeah, forgot to mention... EVERYONE gets stuck in their pedals and falls when they first go clipless. try not to stress about it, and just accept that it will happen. with time and practice, clipping in and out will become as natural as walking. try to find a grass park to practice in, makes the falls softer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I think you mean sh-56 cleat I just got a set from my lbs they where 16.99 new and they are much easier to get out of then the sh-51 cleat not that the 51 is hard to get out of.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    for me multi-release cleats (SH56) is the way to go, get's you out in messy and tricky situations so go and get yourself new ones