mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Center loc rotors

I am currently building up a new frame due to a warranty replacement. I am thinking of going to the 2007 XTR disc brakes and am wondering if they make a 6 bolt rotor or if you can use any 6 bolt rotor of the correct size.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_Frk
    I am currently building up a new frame due to a warranty replacement. I am thinking of going to the 2007 XTR disc brakes and am wondering if they make a 6 bolt rotor or if you can use any 6 bolt rotor of the correct size.

Thanks.
    Shimano XTR do not make an XTR 6 bolt rotor as they only make XTR center lock hubs. Their philosophy seems to be the use of the aluminum center to keep the disc stiffer, which it does. You can use just about any equivalent size rotor from say XT or any other make if you prefer.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Shimano XTR do not make an XTR 6 bolt rotor as they only make XTR center lock hubs. Their philosophy seems to be the use of the aluminum center to keep the disc stiffer, which it does. You can use just about any equivalent size rotor from say XT or any other make if you prefer.

Ronnie.
    You can use Shimano older 6 bolt rotor, 160mm. They only made 1 model I believe. Do an image search on Google, for "

GL,
    -don

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie

Ronnie.
    You can use Shimano older 6 bolt rotor, 160mm. They only made 1 model I believe. Do an image search on Google, for "Shimano 6 bolt"

GL,
    -don

mtbr member
    M960s were/ are available with 160mm, ISO rotors.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by the Inbred
    M960s were/ are available with 160mm, ISO rotors.
    yeah, but the 6 bolt rotors specced in that case were/are XTs...